Friday, July 24, 2009

Home Fries: Foods Most Missed

Here's the first of many posts about my favorite midwestern flavors. Woot!

Culver's ButterBurger
It has butter in the name. What's not to like?


Sprecher
Root Beer or Orange Cream Soda: so good!


Pearson's Nut Rolls
I like these as much for the memories--finding them between the dusty, concrete-caked seats of Dad's ginormous pick-up, like buried treasure, when he'd take me on jobs--as the flavor. The peanuts are usually made stale by the cream in the middle, but I still love 'em.


Babcock Ice Cream
Memories and flavor. In addition to being a campus that serves beer at its student union, UW has its own dairy lab that makes ice cream and cheese. It's delicious: creamy, not cloyingly sweet. Union Utopia is vanilla ice cream with swirls of peanut butter, caramel and chocolate. It's my favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Good picks for your fave WI foods -- it's tough to beat Culver's and Sprecher. I'll raise a toast to you the next time I have a local 'delicacy' and think of you. :)

    ReplyDelete